Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Is winter over yet?

I don't know about you, but I have had my fill of snow and ice I am ready for spring! Well I am not ready for tornado season because I work myself into a fit when we have watches and warnings but I have to learn to control that I really don't want to pass my insane fear along to this child. The only fear I intend to pass along is the fear of snakes, for good reason they are evil!! I doubt that our children will ever be allowed to have any pets besides a dog or a fish, after Otis and Jezebel go on their merry way we are done with cats but I think we will always have a dog, and well fish are pretty easy. No reptiles, exotic animals, or rodents. I am sure I will fight Shane on this, but I will win. Anyone willing to place bets?

This weekend was great, we went to IL for Shane's grandma's 100th birthday celebration! It really was a good time. I also felt really good the whole time!

I have not been feeling too bad, however a few new things are happening. My gag reflex is ridiculous, I can't burp so instead I gag- I would much rather be able to burp. I also have noticed that smells are so strong and I always smell the ones that are bad, they really make me sick! I have also noticed that I like to have a lot of personal space and it keeps getting invaded and I do not get happy about that. I like to be able to breathe and not be so close to someone that when they speak I can smell their breath because it is usually enough to set me over the edge, I also don't like to smell "people" everyone has their own scent but sometimes when people get too close I smell too much of them!! My stomach is sore a lot, especially at night when I go to turn over (which I seem to be doing a lot of) it feels like I have done 500 sit ups, and we all know that is not the case. I read that it is my stomach muscles preparing to grow, so maybe that means I am going to start showing more! I am still one pound under what I started at so things are looking good in that area. I think I show a little bit depending on the outfit I wear- if you did not know I was pregnant you still would not think so by looking at me. I feel like I show more after I eat lunch and right before I go to bed. I think I need to go shopping for some pants, I can still wear one pair of pre-pregnancy dress pants and my jeans but the ones with the elastic waist bands sure are more comfortable after eating!!

Shane and I decided that our Lenten promise would be do try to volunteer more. I have signed up with the Crisis Pregnancy Center to receive quarterly emails containing people who need prayers. We are also planning on helping out Saturdays at The Lord's Pantry, they give food to anyone who needs it on Saturday mornings. I did volunteer work off and on in college and it really makes a difference in your life, plus we all should be giving at least something back to our community to try and make it a better place.

No comments: