Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 12, 2007

Busy Busy Bee's

Shane and I were exhausted this weekend, we did a lot of work!

First we went to Home Depot to buy closet organizers seeing as we now have to share closets. We were amazed at the price difference in basically the same models one was $120 and one was $25- I will let you guess which one we went with! Then we got some under the bed storage totes and some for sweater/winter clothes for the attic. Question- they are in plastic sealed totes- do I need to put anything in them to keep the moths/bugs out, I am really not fond of the moth ball scent but surely with all the advances in technology they have invented something that does not make your clothes smell like death but still protects against moth/bug damage?! Help me out here! Anyways we also picked paint colors, dark brown, light yellow and green. I am still unsure of how I want to paint the room but those are the colors we like.

So then we went to Panda Express for lunch, yummy orange chicken!! We noted how we like eating at new restaurants because they are so nice and clean and most of the time the employees are still in the nicey nice mode. It was enjoyable, if you are a southsider check it out!

We then went home and commenced the cleaning. Shane went through his closet and got rid of 2 giant trashbags of clothes, I am getting rid of 3 and one bag of shoes. Sad. I also put all of my summer clothes in the under bed storage as I will most likely not be wearing them this summer! Shucks I have to go shopping for new clothes, that is just horrible!! So then Shane started installing the closet system in our room and we hung all of our clothes in one closet! Yes they all fit, and shoes too- we even have room on the side for storage- its awesome! I have an even awesomer husband for doing all of this tedious work this weekend when it was so nice out! While Shane was in our room doing his thing in the closet (hehe that sounded kind of funny) I was cleaning out my closet and the nursery. This room kind of turned into a catch all since we moved out the queen bed a few weeks ago so it was messy!! I also did about 7 loads of laundry and organized the linen closet. Then we enjoyed kabobs on the grill with Beth and Frank's family (brother and sister in law neighbors) and Shane's mom. We then went back to work, we rearranged our bedroom and now it really feels like a finished room, yes we have lived there over 3 years and it is just now getting done! We moved the nightstands from the spare room to our room, moved our bed and dresser and hung our mirror that had been sitting on the ground propped up against the wall! It really looks nice (I will try to post some pics soon, our camera is in Europe right now so I will have to borrow one). Then on Sunday Shane installed the other closet system in the nursery, the closet is really the only thing ready in that room right now! But we do have some time to work on it!

Friday night was fun too we went to our friend's house (Jim and Cyndi Kelly) and out to dinner with them and another couple. Jim and Cyndi have 2 kids so that really put Shane in baby mode, he said that he would not mind having a little girl because Aida was so cute! Aida was so good the whole evening it was amazing! I need to take some lessons from Jim and Cyndi! Liam slept the whole time up until about an hour before we left he was also happy the whole time he was up! Of course he got fed so he was really happy after that! It was nice to go out and have a fun night with Jim and Cyndi and their two small kids, it really puts some of what I hear about how we will not have a life after this baby to rest. Shane and I are ready for changes to our life, and we realize that things will be different, I mean really if we did not think we were ready for this change do you think we would have been "trying" to have a baby? Change is good and this change will bring along good things. That is all I am saying on that...right now!! :)

Overall this was a really productive and fun weekend, however we were both sore! I should remember to wear shoes when working around the house, my feet and legs were killing me!!

No comments: