Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 18, 2007

What a weekend!

We had a great weekend- I spent most of it in the pool which was great! Saturday night we grilled out and swam and played some fierce volleyball! Then about 10:30 I walk inside our house and it is a sweltering 78 degrees! Now normally our house is set at 68 degrees so you can imagine the shock I experienced! Our air conditioner decided to take a break on the hottest weekend of the year! It was lovely, now luckily that first night was not too bad at all in the bedroom- we had fans and I slept pretty well. Sunday morning it was nice because most of our house is in the shade, however upon arriving home from church it was getting hotter by the minute! My Dad and Shane went and played golf for Father's Day and Ginger and I hung out on the deck and then moved on to the pool for some lounging and more volleyball at about 3. I then decided that it was probably a good idea for me to just stay in the pool for as long as possible! The Zimmerman gang gathered at about 6 pm for dinner and we hung out on the deck until about 10 30 then I went home to the sauna and tried to take a cold shower...when I got out and went to the kitchen for some aloe (I forgot sunscreen) I heard angelic voices coming from our air conditioner unit....my neighbor had come over after an exhausting weekend of being on call to fix our air conditioner! I can't begin to explain how happy I was!!! Thanks Mike, you really are the best!!!! It sure is nice to have great neighbors! So in the end the fiasco was resolved and I slept quite well last night!

No comments: