Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 10, 2007

Good News Finally!

Went to the doctor yesterday and all my tests that I had done came back just fine! My blood pressure was 120 over 80 and the baby's heartbeat was great! I am measuring very well and my doctor is very pleased with my weight gain! I am only a "fingertip" dilated and my doctor has very small hands so that is not much at all, however it is progress from the last time so that was good news! My cervix is also softening which was different from last time. I will be 38 weeks this weekend and at my next appointment on the 17th I will be getting my membranes stripped- sounds fun right?! Sometimes this speeds up the process of labor sometimes it does not so we shall see!! Did any of your do the "tricks" that are supposed to speed up labor, and were you successful or not?!

I noticed a little bit of swelling in my feet yesterday, however I was on my feet for a long time yesterday. I think I got a little bit of the nesting thing going on- I made 4 loaves of zucchini bread, cleaned the house- I cleaned around the baseboards, cleaned all four couches because they had more hair on them than the animals, cleaned the bathroom, dusted- which I never do, did laundry, and did 2 loads of dishes! Then I had a Party Lite candle show, it was busy day not to mention hotter than hot! Let's just say I plan to spend a lot of time in the pool this weekend!

2 comments:

Allie-Mae's Mommy said...

I got my cervix scraped several times before my due date. It wasnt bad at all. But really didnt help me. I was still two days late with her. I probably would have been even later than that except I started getting signs of preclampsia. I think she would have stayed as long as she could. Just to forewarn you , you might bleed a lil after you have it scraped so dont flip out. I was always so worried about bleeding because I am RH- and that is real bad if I bleed. Everyone has different ideas to get labor started. Walking, castor oil, sex, spicey foods, etc... sometimes they work sometimes they dont. I didnt really try anything because it hurt to walk at the very end, i didnt like spicey stuff, didnt want to get the runs by drinking castor oil, etc.
I hope everything goes well for you and its a smooth labor and delivery. Is Shane ready?

LauraB said...

Hey Brook,
I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I ate a 'labor salad' every day for lunch for four days before Tessa was born!

Labor Salad:
-- Romaine lettuce
-- Red Cabbage
-- Walnuts
-- Blue Cheese crumbles (yes you can have a little at this point)
-- Balsamic Vinegar

It's yummy!, and an old wives tale. Something about the walnuts, cabbage and balsamic making a magical combination!

:) Laura