Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful Thoughts

Wow do I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! First and foremost I am so very thankful for my family. My step-dad likes to joke that I used to tell him that I was going to marry for money, well I got something much more valuable when I married Shane. I got the best man ever- well the best man for me that is! I know I have said this all before but Shane really is amazing in every aspect of everything he does, and well of course he puts up with me so that makes him close to an angel! He is an amazing father, he was worried about having patience but I don't really know why he is always very patient with Abbey. So I am very thankful that I have both Shane and Abbey in my life now. I am also very thankful that we are allowed to practice our faith openly and wherever we want, our church talks a lot about other nations who do not have this privledge and I could not imagine living a happy life without being able to go to church each week and openly talk about God and my beleifs whenever I wanted to. I am extremely happy for the house we live in and all the things in it that bring us joy, we have a lot of "toys" and nice things that I am grateful for. I am of course thankful for the relationship I have with all of my parents (in-laws included!!) there have been rough patches in the past but things are better than they have ever been. I am thankful for all of my family and glad I have such close relationships with so many of them. I am thankful that Shane and I have jobs that we enjoy. I am thankful for all of the wonderful friends I have made through out the years. I think I could go on forever about the things I am thankful for! Shane and I make it a habit each night to tell each other something that we are thankful for, large or small we try to do it every night. Since we have been married we have done this so we have discussed many things we are thankful for and we plan to continue this tradition with our children as we put them to bed. I hope all of you who read this have an amazing Thanksgiving and take the time to think about all of the things in your life you have to be thankful for!

No comments: