Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Make a Wish

So I am sure many of you know that the Make a Wish requestathon is going on here on a local radio station. Well it normally gets to me and makes me shed a few tears but this year it is totally different. This year it really hits home, Shane and I have been so lucky to have been blessed with a happy healthy little girl. Although it breaks my heart to hear the stories of these little kids it also makes me stand back and just be in awe of these parents of these special little kids. Their strength and dedication amazes me. I realize now that there really is nothing a mother would not do for her child. Listening to these stories I feel guilty for the times when I get frustrated when Abbey gets fussy or gets up in the middle of the night and I wish I could just sleep- I know those feelings are natural but now listening to these stories I am thankful for those moments. I realize there will always be times of frustration with children but in the grand scheme of things we are very lucky. It also warms my heart to hear so many of these families talk about their faith in God and the strength that he gives them, I can only imagine that God is the only way to get through situations like the ones I hear on the radio.

So my challenge to anyone who reads this blog is to donate to the Make a Wish requestathon (317-228-1099 or www.z995.com) even if it is just $5 any amount could help a child's wish come true. I especially challenge you if you have a healthy happy child at home to help make a child in need a little happier. Shane and I do the wish maker club where we donate $10 a month making our total donation $120, it comes right out of our bank account and we never even miss it! This an organization I have supported for over 5 years now and it has a special place in my heart. Thanks for taking the time to read this post! Also my thoughts and prayers go out to the Omaha families who were involved in the tragic shooting, what a crazy world we live in today.

I did not mean for this to be a sad and gloomy post! I am very thankful for all of the blessings we have in life and wanted to try to give to families who are in need. Stay tuned this weekend I will post pictures from Shane's company Christmas party!

1 comment:

LauraB said...

I've been listening to Smiley and the Make a Wish request-athon all day! Maybe I should call in :) Laura