Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Down for the count

Wow, its been a rough rough week!  Starting with this weekend the girls were both running fevers and as always Kate is cutting some teeth so you never know if she is truly sick or it is just from the teeth.  So then Friday night Abbey started running a fever and there had been a few sick kids at daycare so I took Abs to the take care clinic at Walgreens and we ended up waiting almost 3 hours.  We started at CVS but there were 7 people in front of us and the minimum time each person takes is 20 min, so we went across the street to Walgreens and ended up waiting just as long!  But Abs was very well behaved the whole time- sick and everything!  So we got in and got treated for strep, we called our doctor to see if we could get Kate on an antibiotic as well because she had strep last go around too- luckily he called a prescription in and they both got on antibiotics and were able to go back to daycare on Monday.  BUT then on Monday night I started running a fever!  I have never in 30 years of life had strep throat- but sure enough I went to the doctor on Wednesday and I too am now on an antibiotic.  Let me just say this about strep throat- I think its worse than labor pains and childbirth...maybe!  For real it is horrible, I haven't been this down and out in a long long time!  My fever finally broke today and my body stopped aching!  I was actually able to make dinner and go outside!  I can't wait to actually go back to work!  Insane I know.  Well I think we are all on the mend now so keep us in your prayers. 

1 comment:

Fox Family said...

I have only had strep throat once, and it was HORRIBLE!! Everytime I am around someone who has/had it I freak out. Not fun at all. Glad you are feeling better!