Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 1

My goodness I had such a hard time coming up with Day 1 "What am I thankful for"!! I decided to start with the number one thing in my life- my faith! But to narrow it down a little more I am really thankful that Shane and I have made a new habit for our family. Right now it is just Shane and I who do this but we hope to include the girls in the future when they start going to school or getting up earlier in the week.

About 3 and a half weeks ago Shane and I decided that we needed to start getting up earlier than normal and start our days off together by reading the Bible. I am so very happy to say that we are still going strong! I think we have only missed one day and that was because I over slept- oops! We started with Romans and we are now in Mark. We are learning a lot of things for sure but even better we are questioning more and more, which by the way our church has an awesome ministry called Bible Answers OnDemand where you can send any question you have to an email address and get an answer supported by the Bible- they were very helpful the two times I sent questions and their responses were very, very detailed. The people behind this ministry take it very seriously, I love that our church offers that. Very cool.

Also this has been an awesome way for Shane and I to grow closer and talk about important issues in our family and how we want to raise our girls in a world that will try to drag them away from what we believe. It's going to be the hardest job we do- to lead them to a lasting relationship with Christ but if we are not equipped with the right tools how can we lead them to anything? We know that they are going to have to see us as Christians in all aspects of our lives and not just on Sunday. Shane and I have both been trying really hard to be better Christians- not just better people- BIG difference there. It is hard sometimes but worth it in the end. I want my girls to be proud to have us as parents and never be ashamed to call themselves Christians.

I am so very thankful that Shane and I have started this and hope to carry it on for a long, long time. I think part of the reason Shane likes it so much is because I get up before him and have coffee and breakfast (normally a hot breakfast, not just cold cereal!) waiting on him.

So that is Day 1- I am thankful that Shane and I read the Bible and pray together!

What are you thankful for? Feel free to leave a comment and play along with me this month! Stay tuned for Day 2!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I am extremely thankful for my new little man! He lights up our world and has brought a new dimension to me and Joe! We have became a family and I feel like I was created to be Drew's mom. I never imagined I would be THIS blessed!