Birthdays!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3

Today I am thankful for short prayers. God does not want us to always spend an hour in prayer, although sometimes that appropriate. I am thankful that God listens to any of our prayers no matter how long of short they are! I am thankful that the Bible stresses that prayer is so important and like my pastor Gary Johnson says "If it is repeated, it is important".

I have to also say that I am thankful for Proverbs31 Ministries www.proverbs31.org I signed up for their daily devotional and as a mom and a woman it hits home every single day! The particular devotion I am drawing on here pointed out something I am TOTALLY guilty of- saying to someone "I will pray for you" and I mean it with all my heart and then life gets busy and before I know it I have forgotten to pray! So I have started keeping a small prayer journal in my purse and when someone asks me to pray or I say I will I try my hardest to write it in there but I also try to pause right there and pray- mainly to myself but I want to get to the point where it is natural for me to just say the prayer out loud with them!

Here are a few verses that proves this is important.

“Never stop praying.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17

“When you pray, don’t talk on and on as people do who don’t know God. They think God likes to hear long prayers. Don’t be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask” Matthew 6:7-8

"The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much" (James 5:16).

No comments: